GFWC Zwaanendael Women's Club Name and Logo

Named so at the club's inception, Zwaanendael is archaic Dutch for "swan dale [or valley]," and was the name of the first European settlement in Delaware, which was founded by the Dutch in 1631 and later became the town of Lewes. 

 

The Club's current logo was introduced in January of 2018.  It was designed to mirror the General Federation of Women's Clubs' (GFWC) logo, includes the GFWC rose intertwined with the club's tulip, and features the club's namesake swan. 

The club flower is the tulip and the club colors are yellow, green and red.

We are also fondly known as "Z Club"

Founded in 1905, the GFWC Zwaanendael
Women's Club was organized by public-spirited
women for the purpose of promoting community
improvements through volunteer service.

Click here for more club history.

GFWC Zwaanendael Women's Club
PO Box 100, Lewes, DE 19958
gfwc logo clear background.png

The GFWC Zwaanendael Women's Club is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization and is a member of the General Federation of Women's Clubs.